With seven ongoing projects, all downtown and within a mile walking distance of each other, Urban Catalyst has the unique distinction of being one of the only Opportunity Zone Funds with a diverse portfolio, a strong strategy, and experience building in all asset classes. Our current portfolio says it all. With two office properties, two multifamily properties, a hotel, a senior living project, and a student housing project, the diversity of our projects seeks to meet fund objectives, while working to mitigate risk. Feature projects include:
- The Fountain Alley Building – A planning application was submitted for this property located at 26 and 30 South 1st Street in downtown San Jose. New to the design, a 5,000-square foot rooftop bar, the largest in Silicon Valley! Also featuring 73,000 square feet of office space, this project will accommodate any number of large Silicon Valley corporations, while offering 14,000 square feet of retail space on the bottom floor.
- Keystone – A transit-oriented development bookended between Adobe and Google, this 170-room extended-stay business hotel will offer high-level services to the business community and visitors to San Jose. Companies like Adobe commonly pre-lease all rooms years in advance. We have now submitted plans to the City of San Jose for preliminary review and construction is expected to start in Q3 2020. Future amenities will include everything from an outdoor courtyard and BBQ/recreation area at podium level, a rooftop deck, a gym, onsite parking stalls for guests, a breakfast/dining room and a business center.
- Madera – With preliminary plans just submitted, Madera will be the first all CLT (cross-laminated timber) project in Silicon Valley and one of the first in California, providing design flexibility, energy efficiency, and a lighter environmental footprint for the project. Offering 4,000 square feet of retail, large suite-style apartments, and a parking space for each unit, this property will also offer a multi-use space at podium level that includes a co-working space, community room with kitchen, water lounge with hot tub, and a gym. Madera just steps from Google’s 6.5 million square feet of office, should provide a viable housing option for the future employees.
- Icon – This residential high rise will be adding an icon to the San Jose skyline. It will contain 247 multifamily units of housing for over 1,000 individuals with 10,000 square feet of retail space on the first floor.
- Delmas - Delivering the critical need for assisted living and memory care, this Senior Living project will consist of 75 units of housing in the urban center of San Jose. This senior living project, which is in alignment with the fund's investment objectives, will include both a mix of studios, one bedroom, and two bedroom assisted units, along with memory care studios.
To learn more about investing with Urban Catalyst, click here.
*Diversification does not assure a profit or protect against losses