Meet Our Partners – Urban Catalyst Opportunity Fund
by Angela S. Hwang, on Oct 21, 2020 9:37:03 AM
Many investors who have decided to invest in Urban Catalyst tell us that our partners’ experience and their proven track of success were a determining factor.
Each partner brings with them a unique story of their own and industry experience ranging from family office to high tech. In fact, developing projects in San Jose is what they’ve been doing for many years. Combined, they have acquired more than $6 billion worth of properties and managed nearly $5 billion worth of development projects in Silicon Valley.
Get to know them in this video! Here’s a preview:
- Erik Hayden, Founder – Erik has long believed in downtown San Jose’s potential. His goal when he formed Urban Catalyst was to create an all-star team of downtown San Jose developers. It was only after he started forming Urban Catalyst that he discovered the Opportunity Zone program and realized that everywhere he was planning on doing ground-up development was already located in an Opportunity Zone. And so the Urban Catalyst Opportunity Zone Fund was born.
- Josh Burroughs, Chief Operating Officer – A well-seasoned downtown San Jose developer, Josh was previously at Barry Swenson Builder. Over the course of his career, he’s overseen a variety of projects in our community, which is what makes him an instrumental part of the team.
- Sean Raft, Chief Administrative Officer – With extensive experience as a portfolio manager, Sean has his act together. He was a successful former public defender and then pivoted to manage a family office with over $100 million in real estate assets. At Urban Catalyst, Sean oversees all aspects of our finances, from fundraising to taxes and accounting.
- Paul Ring, EVP of Development and Construction – Paul has decades of experience focused on multifamily and below-market-rate housing development in San Jose. His mix of tenacity and technique makes him an asset to our team and investors. He leads our development team to move our projects forward.
- Morgan Mackles, EVP, Head of Investor Relations – Having worked for both tech startups and Fortune 500 companies, Morgan is an expert at building scalable, repeatable sales processes that have allowed him to build a stellar team at Urban Catalyst. Morgan is a true value-add for our investors and a driving force of why we’ve raised over $75 million.
When you invest with Urban Catalyst, you’re investing in an experienced, results-oriented team that works hard to ensure all of our projects move forward and hit every milestone. We’re not just fund managers, but also the developers of all seven of our projects.
We would love to hear from you. Get in touch with our partners today - they are here to answer any questions you have about Opportunity Zone investing. By the way, if you invest between now and October 31st, you are eligible for 1.5% bonus units. Contact us today.
The statements, views, and opinions expressed herein are those of the individuals making the statements and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Urban Catalyst Manager LLC or any investment sponsored by Urban Catalyst LLC and are provided for informational purposes only and are not intended to be, nor should be construed or used as financial, legal, tax or investment advice, nor should this information be used or considered as an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy any interest in Urban Catalyst Opportunity Fund I LLC (the “Fund”), an investment sponsored by Urban Catalyst LLC (the “Sponsor”).
THIS MATERIAL IS NEITHER AN OFFER TO SELL NOR A SOLICITATION OF AN OFFER TO BUY SECURITIES. THE OFFERING AND SALE OF INTERESTS IN URBAN CATALYST OPPORTUNITY FUND I LLC (“URBAN”) IS BEING MADE ONLY BY DELIVERY OF URBAN’S PRIVATE PLACEMENT MEMORANDUM (“PPM”), CERTAIN ORGANIZATIONAL DOCUMENTS, SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT AND CERTAIN OTHER INFORMATION TO BE MADE AVAILABLE TO INVESTORS (“OPERATIVE DOCUMENTS”) BY URBAN’S SPONSOR. ONLY ACCREDITED INVESTORS CAN INVEST. PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT A GUARANTEE OF FUTURE RESULTS. INVESTMENTS IN SECURITIES ARE SPECULATIVE, INVOLVE A HIGH DEGREE OF RISK, AND ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR ALL INVESTORS. PROSPECTIVE INVESTORS SHOULD CONSULT THEIR OWN TAX AND LEGAL PROFESSIONALS PRIOR TO MAKING INVESTMENT DECISIONS.